o2sms - installation
The CPAN distribution is the latest stable version. Using CPAN means updates can be installed relatively easily.
To download, make and install the script and required modules:
cpan -i WWW::SMS::IE::iesms
- Try perl -MCPAN -e shell if you can't find the cpan executable.
- Ensure your system includes a build environment for CPAN; i.e. make, gcc, binutils, etc.
- Try cpan, then force install WWW::SMS::IE::iesms if it says "up to date" but you know there's a new version available.
- Mac OS X users will need to have Developer Tools installed or can use the Dashboard Widget.
- The latest stable build is also available on the o2sms sourceforge download section.
Using the SVN version means you have the latest version of the software. This is useful if a fix has been checked in, but a release has not been pushed to CPAN and Debian yet.
- Checkout the o2sms subversion source from https://o2sms.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/o2sms.
- In the o2sms3 directory, run the following to install:
- Install any missing dependencies that are listed during the make process.
- By default, this will install the scripts into /usr/bin and the required modules into your Perl library.
Use the Dashboard Widget or build and install the command line version as above.
<< (o2sms home)